Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My solution to the Demon170 allocation and ADM problem.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not me. I have MORALS and loyalty to the 2018 Demon owners who took their cars to the track and promoted the brand!!
Many 2018 Demon owners just flipped their cars...and did the very thing they accuse today's dealers of...gouging...relatively speaking those tracked is not a very big number...

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Many 2018 Demon owners just flipped their cars...and did the very thing they accuse today's dealers of...gouging...relatively speaking those tracked is not a very big number...
Not me again. I still have my car. The guys or gals that are still out there racing and promoting should have been given an allocation; period! The flippers you speak of are the same clowns today buying them at 100k over sticker and will flip them as well. The real inthusiests got fucked by Tim and his band of the theives. We weren't even allowed into the REAL VIP area even though we had original Demon owner VIP badges; just not the "correct" one. Talk about bullshit!!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I did a quick surf through the hood. It seems like at least three of the residents think they’re getting 170s. There’s even a thread with about whether or not to get the parachute. :rolleyes:
Not sure they’re wealthy, unrealistically hopeful, got lucky, or just foolish.
Ya know...it's not outta the realm of possibility they could be all of the above...;)

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
And make no mistake..if Thursday @ 2 pm my deal falls apart...I'll be livid...and disappointed would be an understatement but that won't change my assessment... look at it this way...You have a huge network of dealers..that have spent multi millions of dollars on facilities...and then you have 3000 customers that may never buy another Stelantis product again...there is no dispute or question who gets fed here...
Or maybe u try to feed both? why does it have to roses for one group and apocalyptic scorch earth policy for the other?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Not me again. I still have my car. The guys or gals that are still out there racing and promoting should have been given an allocation; period! The flippers you speak of are the same clowns today buying them at 100k over sticker and will flip them as well. The real inthusiests got fucked by Tim and his band of the theives. We weren't even allowed into the REAL VIP area even though we had original Demon owner VIP badges; just not the "correct" one. Talk about bullshit!!
Then you would have heard all the collusion talk at the open bar...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I get it...people bought em to race..just drive em..to flip em..or just collect them...whether I agree with their motivations or not...it wasn't my money..and it's none of my business...I have a secretary that loves P/U trucks...she never works them..or hauls anything...she just likes pickups...who's to say she shouldn't have one...

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
No, we weren't allowed in there. That was one of my points!!

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Yup Black Alcantra leather...not sure how the red interior would look with cinn stick
See if you can locate any model challenger at reasonably close dealership or even used with same combo, with door open being able to see both colors. Just a thought, If it’s warm enough get your ass on one of those nice scoots and blow the carbon out of the two wheeled ride to check out color combo just an idea. What was that DD slogan it’s worth the trip. 🍩

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Yes, if we would have been allowed in; we more than likely heard the price collusion talk.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #150

The salesman I spoke with and revealed that his dealership was effectively price fixing I don't even think realizes that is what they were doing. He rolled if right off of the top like he was describing a normal thing.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Or maybe u try to feed both? why does it have to roses for one group and apocalyptic scorch earth policy for the other?
I don't believe Stellantis ever saw that as their roll...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
See if you can locate any model challenger at reasonably close dealership or even used with same combo, with door open being able to see both colors. Just a thought, If it’s warm enough get your ass on one of those nice scoots and blow the carbon out of the two wheeled ride to check out color combo just an idea. What was that DD slogan it’s worth the trip. 🍩
It's snowin here today...they don't peek out till late may...I wish I could see a Demonic red interior with cinn stick...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The salesman I spoke with and revealed that his dealership was effectively price fixing I don't even think realizes that is what they were doing. He rolled if right off of the top like he was describing a normal thing.
Define price fixing,,,:unsure::unsure:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
150? The Demon low mile right now is 200K.

This is a 250-300K car easy right now. And likely quite a bit more once drunkards start bidding in Kissimmee and Scotttsdae in 10 months. You can book that.

If Dodge had MSRP'ed at 150K the insane demand we are seeing wouldn't have budged an inch. Effectively they took less and gave the dealerships a MASSIVE gift, possibly to keep them engaged for the coming very dark Hornet, EV eras starting next year.

Of course, in the process they gave their loyal customers a GIANT kick to the balls. They likely are ok with that, knowing that 90% of us won't buy a fast golf cart. So HQ shrugged and let the Dealerships go wilding on the customers.

That meeting in LV was the biggest joke ever. They tried to buy off Demon owners with a 25 buck fast pass. Meanwhile, all the big money owners/dealers were paid to come to LV, drink and eat on the company dime as they sat in their cordoned off area, drank some top-shelf booze, and colluded to make +100K the standard/minimum ADM. After options, all this puts the D170 at 250K which is the minimum these things will ever trade for imo. An ironic little twist...
I was texting a dealer last night for 100k over.
Woke up this morning and decided to take it only to find out that I had to bid over 100k.

My figuring is at the very least, this car will never be less than 150k so coming off 100k for the allocation wasn't a terrible deal considering how the current Demon market is going.

You probably are right that these cars will never trade for less than 200k.

But its the games. When I said im interested at 100k over, don't fucking play games and pit me with someone else. I don't need the car. I can build a lot faster and cooler car for 200k. Hell, I could do it 150k and buy a nice truck to daily.

At this point, i'll wait for my Z06 number to be called. At least GM wants to sell you a car if they can ever figure out how to build mass quantities again.

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
You must either: own a dealership, your family owns a dealership, or your an extremely good friend of someone who does, or.....fill in the blank. I'll sum it up by quoting a line from Motley Crue's song "Wild Side".............."Greed's been crowned the new king".

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Except they are grabbing for the short term gains while scorching their loyal customers. Get that one big sale and bail. Enjoy the Hornet, asshats.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You must either: own a dealership, your family owns a dealership, or your an extremely good friend of someone who does, or.....fill in the blank. I'll sum it up by quoting a line from Motley Crue's song "Wild Side".............."Greed's been crowned the new king".
My family...(and myself)..have been involved in various business endeavors for three generations...none of them auto related..and greed has been around since the beginning of time...

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was texting a dealer last night for 100k over.
Woke up this morning and decided to take it only to find out that I had to bid over 100k.

My figuring is at the very least, this car will never be less than 150k so coming off 100k for the allocation wasn't a terrible deal considering how the current Demon market is going.

You probably are right that these cars will never trade for less than 200k.

But its the games. When I said im interested at 100k over, don't fucking play games and pit me with someone else. I don't need the car. I can build a lot faster and cooler car for 200k. Hell, I could do it 150k and buy a nice truck to daily.

At this point, i'll wait for my Z06 number to be called. At least GM wants to sell you a car if they can ever figure out how to build mass quantities again.
Would you really consider buying @ 100 over MSRP:unsure:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Would you really consider buying @ 100 over MSRP:unsure:
I was.
Now I'm just out. Going to finish my 421motor build and wait for my Z06.

The 421 might end up with a F1x.

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #160

He flat told me that he and the rest of the sales team for his dealership were calling around to many other dealerships and matching prices with each other, and specifically upwards, and that they had done this after our verbal agreement and further that as a result that I had been knocked off of the last available position as a result.